Eitz-Chaim is a congregation committed to prayer, discipleship, and service. If you have a need or a prayer request, let us hear from you.
(see contact info at end of newsletter)
This Week on Shabbat
Shabbat Services will resume this Saturday at the Central Church building!
Live streaming will still be available. Please use the following URL (internet address) to access the live stream for the Eitz Chaim services. Click Here
We are attempting to follow the Governor’s directives for worship services.
1. Social distancing will be emphasized. That being said – families will sit together, leaving at least 1 empty seats before arriving at the next person in the row. Any single persons, please sit with at least 1 empty chairs on each side of you. We will be removing every other row in the auditorium – again – for social distancing.
2. All children will be with their parents at all times. Infants, toddlers, young people – stay with the parents. There is no nursery, no child care, no Tot Shabbat, Jr. Shabbat, or Bar Bat Mitzvah classes.
3. Oneg does not lend itself to social distancing, so we will have NO ONEG.
4. No Motzi Kiddish as we are not preparing to have a meal together.
5. During the Torah walk, no one is to touch the Torah – please raise your Bible to the Torah if you like.
6. ANYONE with a compromised immune system is encouraged to stay at home and watch the Torah Service through the live streaming.
This week’s Drash by
Rabbi David Schiller
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me.”
The final installment of the series on Elijah and Elisha. We will be looking at Yeshua’s own commentary on the miracles of Elijah and Elisha in Luke chapter 4.
Live streaming will still be available. Please use the following URL (internet address) to access the live stream for the Eitz Chaim services. Each week the URL will change but you can always access the live service by going to the main Eitz Chaim YouTube page by clicking on the link below. The live service will be at the top of the page with the date of that particular week. See graphic below.
“Please also hit “Like,” “Subscribe,” and “Share.” If you click on the little bell to the right of the subscribe button YouTube will notify you when EC goes live. Please share with as many people as possible.” It increases our ranking on YouTube.
Dan and Terri Randolph are moving!We will need help moving and volunteers would be great. We’re looking at the closing being Friday, June 5, Shabbat on the June 5-6, and moving Sunday, Monday and Tues. June 7, 8, and 9. We’ll move furniture/appliances first and really need help for this on Sunday, June 7.
(303) 799-3747 Terri
Saturday, June 6, 2020
Giving with a cheerful, grateful, blessing heart is essential to our own personal well being.
Why? Because as any of us look around – we see folks in grave need. At our shul, your leadership is preparing to help – discussing who we can help – what parameters, guidelines we should use so Eitz Chaim can be as fair and as generous as possible with each of you – when your need arises.
The building is closed. The Ministry is NOT. The Congregation – Eitz Chaim lives in each of you.
We are a generous, loving, and giving family – a diverse mishpocha – the bride of Messiah.
Please remember your tithes and offerings can be given online during this difficult time.
To use PayPal or a Credit Card go to www.ecdallas.org/donate
Or if you prefer to Give by Mail
Eitz Chaim Congregation
PO Box 832568
Richardson TX 75083
We’ve got some graduating high school seniors, and some others graduating college, who won’t be able to walk the stage just yet, due to COVID-19. As a community, we’d like to send them graduation cards congratulating them.
Please contact Beth Smith with information.
Need Job Help?
The State of Texas has resources
Torah Portion of the Week