Eitz-Chaim is a congregation committed to prayer, discipleship, and service. If you have a need or a prayer request, let us hear from you.
(see contact info at end of newsletter)
This Week on Shabbat
Shabbat Services will resume this Saturday at the Central Church building!
Live streaming will still be available. Please use the following URL (internet address) to access the live stream for the Eitz Chaim services. Click Here
We are attempting to follow the Governor’s directives for worship services.
1. Social distancing will be emphasized. That being said – families will sit together, leaving at least 1 empty seats before arriving at the next person in the row. Any single persons, please sit with at least 1 empty chairs on each side of you. We will be removing every other row in the auditorium – again – for social distancing.
2. All children will be with their parents at all times. Infants, toddlers, young people – stay with the parents. There is no nursery, no child care, no Tot Shabbat, Jr. Shabbat, or Bar Bat Mitzvah classes.
3. Oneg does not lend itself to social distancing, so we will have NO ONEG.
4. No Motzi Kiddish as we are not preparing to have a meal together.
5. During the Torah walk, no one is to touch the Torah – please raise your Bible to the Torah if you like.
6. ANYONE with a compromised immune system is encouraged to stay at home and watch the Torah Service through the live streaming.
This week’s Drash by
The Forgiveness Effect
Let’s explore Scripture to discover what it looks like to be instruments of the radical forgiveness that our Messiah calls us to live by.
Live streaming will still be available. Please use the following URL (internet address) to access the live stream for the Eitz Chaim services. Each week the URL will change but you can always access the live service by going to the main Eitz Chaim YouTube page by clicking on the link below. The live service will be at the top of the page with the date of that particular week. See graphic below.
Do you need help or prayer at this time?
Contact Mark Huey 407-346-4084 this is his Cell number. Call him during daylight hours, if he is tied up and can’t answer the phone – Leave a message and he will call you back. We have folks ready to shop for you if need be. We have some food and some bags for the sick we can deliver.
We will begin wellness phone calls this week for those of you attending our congregation. Leadership will be calling to pray with you and be as helpful as possible. If you do not receive a call in the next 7 days we may not have your phone number.
Giving with a cheerful, grateful, blessing heart is essential to our own personal well being.
Why? Because as any of us look around – we see folks in grave need. At our shul, your leadership is preparing to help – discussing who we can help – what parameters, guidelines we should use so Eitz Chaim can be as fair and as generous as possible with each of you – when your need arises.
The building is closed. The Ministry is NOT. The Congregation – Eitz Chaim lives in each of you.
We are a generous, loving, and giving family – a diverse mishpocha – the bride of Messiah.
Please remember your tithes and offerings can be given online during this difficult time.
To use PayPal or a Credit Card go to www.ecdallas.org/donate
Or if you prefer to Give by Mail
Eitz Chaim Congregation
PO Box 832568
Richardson TX 75083
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3 (NIV)New classes forming on Zoom So now Distance is no consideration.
May 12, 2020 7 PM
Separate men’s and women’s group. We will deliver locally or mail books. Watermark is working on writeable pdf workbooks so people can do their work on their devices.
Contact Dan Boron
Need Job Help?
The State of Texas has resources
Torah Portion of the Week
EMOR ~ Say!