Eitz Chaim Newsletter – Feb 15, 2020
Eitz-Chaim is a congregation committed to prayer, discipleship, and service. If you have a need or a prayer request, let us hear from you.
(see contact info at end of newsletter)
This week’s Drash by
Rabbi David Schiller
All activities begin at 2:15 pm
Verse by verse Bible study Genesis 17 with Earl Smith
Purim Play Practice
For Purim this year, we will be leading up into it with a few mitzvah activities for the youth/children.
1. Tzedakah jars/boxes for the children to make offerings. These tzedakah will go to two places: EC Mercy Fund and Akiva Cohen’s ministry to the disabled children in Israel.
This will begin THIS Shabbat 2/15/2020, with the tzedakah jars out in the foyer.
2. Purim canned and dried food drive. This will also begin THIS Shabbat 2/15/2020 all gifts will be taken to the Jewish Family Services food pantry in Dallas TX on or by Purim as a mitzvah. Foods should be: non-perishable, dried or canned preferably with a hechsher (Kosher symbol). If you have questions about clean/kosher please click here. No meat. No refrigerated foods. Not expired.
3. We’re inviting our youth at Eitz Chaim to draw, paint, make art that is Purim-focused to be showcased in the lobby during Purim. All entries should be submitted to Margaret Klein or Beth Smith by 3/7/2020.
Eitz Chaim Home Passover Seders
April 8 (1st PM Seder) – April 14
This year Eitz Chaim will be encouraging all to be part of our
Congregational Wide Home Seders.
If you are a Home Group Leader or Zip Code Dinner Leader,
we will help you have a Home Seder for your group!
If you want to lead a Home Seder in your own home and want to invite other EC members, we are here to help!
We need your home hospitality!
If you want to attend a Home Seder, both members and visitors,
we are here to help you be included in one of these groups!
Remember that Passover is one of the three feasts that all Israel is commanded to celebrate each year, for all your generations. It is also an amazing picture of Yeshua, as we are redeemed through the Blood of the Lamb. As a Messianic Synagogue, EC strongly encourages every family and every person to participate in one of our Home Seders. As the Scriptures command us in I Cor 5, we’re to Keep the Feast!
EC will provide you with detailed instructions, recipes, Seder Plates, props, and Order of Service Haggadahs, to make this User Friendly for everyone!
Please email us at email@example.com to get on our list!
Jewish Family Service of Greater Dallas
In need of help finding a job, making a resume, learning to networking, job training?
- Mondays Open Employment Networking Group – Coach-led Discussions
- Tuesday 2/11/2020 LinkedIn Workshop: Today’s Strategies That Get Results
- Thursday 2/13/2020 9 Profitable Tips for Handling Salary Questions
- Thursday 2/20/2020 The Easy Start Small Business Seminar
- Thursday 2/27/2020 Top 10 Job Interview & Career Success Soft Skills
- Thursday 3/5/2020 Supercharge Job Search with Reference USA
- Thursday 3/16/2020 A Recruiters’ Resume Advice for Job Seekers!
For more information: Click here
Aaron Family Jewish Community Center
YMJA Youth Retreat
Scholarships and subsidies are available for those in need.
All food for the Oneg must be kosher (clean) by biblical standards; therefore, no pork products or shellfish will be served. Dairy, fish and chicken are acceptable, no other meats please.
Torah Portion of the Week